• Announcements

• brockied

Introduce Yourself   02/10/2017

If you would like you can introduce yourself to the forum.     
    • brockied

Help us make a great forum   02/24/2017

We are looking for people to help out with the forum voluntarily just to post on the forum and keep things going. You will become a moderator and will have the power to manage posts. Roles:
      Move posts that are in the wrong place
      Delete spam and offensive posts
      Give warnings to people abusing the forum and not going by the rules
      Post on the forum to keep things interesting If you would like to be a moderator of just a part of the forum for example the Second Life section and manage that area this is also helpful. So if you have worked on a forum before or know how one works contact the admin (http://ontopica.net/profile/1-brockied/) and be part of our team. Let's make a great forum!.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brockied

Making money online

16 posts in this topic

I have been looking into ways of making money online for a long time, I make a bit from Youtube and websites. 

YOUTUBE

I don't make a huge amount from Youtube but it helps pay a bill off and that's good for me. I have many channels on Youtube one is of the hamsters I used to have just showing their life from beginning to end. This did gain a lot of interest and earned me money, funny enough I also did a video of my mice, this was before I had the hamsters and it was of this huge cage I brought for them and the title for the video was mouse mansion. This one video earned a few $$ . So i think making a good title is a good idea and I also found making a good preview image for your video helps too and of course making good content. I also have a cat channel because I have a cat now and I know cat videos are popular on Youtube you can never get enough of them, is hard to get popular though because of the amount of people doing the same but if you catch your cat doing something really funny it could go viral. I have a computer tutorial channel where I do a video of my screen going through different programs and how to fix them, this earns a bit though has only been around for a year and a bit it needs more time. The main channel I have is of different videos, more of a personal channel. I take videos of places I visit, I do videos of the music I make and I have some others which have got popular. This channel makes the most money. I think it's important to keep making videos and as often as you can.

WEBSITES

Websites I would say is the hardest thing to make money from. I have tried very hard but is not easy, you have to put money and effort into your website to get anything out of it. You can have a great looking website but without good content and without people knowing about your website it will be useless. I have tried Facebook Ads to advertise websites, the hardest thing I found though is getting people off Facebook and keeping them coming to your website. Facebook has taken over everything and it's a shame, it used to be more easy to advertise before and get members but now its limited. You could use Google Adwords but this is expensive you have to spend a lot to get anything out of it.  I have facebook pages and some very popular, you would think that would be a great way to advertise your website free. But I got nothing out of this, people view the content you share but never become a member. I did make a bit from having videos and ads that count down before the video, share a link to it on your facebook page and some people click the ad, sometimes I got $ from this but you have to keep sharing and sharing on your facebook page it takes a lot of time.

What ideas do you have ??? share with us.

maybe we should do a youtube Collab or a challenge or something its meant to be a good way to boost channels :D

13 hours ago, micropreemiemum13 said:

maybe we should do a youtube Collab or a challenge or something its meant to be a good way to boost channels :D

Yeah sure :) maybe we should try that and see what happens.

It hasn't been that long since I have started my online earning journey, I started on April. So far I have been earning quite a bit posting on forums and I enjoy it a lot. I still yet to find new ways to earn at least a bit more. I started a YouTube channel a while ago and now I think I should continue it. Good luck with your channel.

On 8/14/2016 at 2:31 PM, micropreemiemum13 said:

That's a pretty cool idea. It also sounds like a lot of fun.

What kinds of videos do you make? How do you set up a channel?

I (obviously) am not experienced with youtube, but I've always thought it would be interesting to check it out.

I have been trying to make money online since this January. I first joined Th Forum Wheel. I was given a good rating and could post on numbers of forums. On the first month, I was able to make $20. I was happy because I had never made money online. Then I joined numbers of paid forums. Later, I tried publishing on writing sites. I was on Blogjob, but before I could cash out the site discontinued the reward program. 

I have never tried YouTube. 

I have never posted anything to YouTube. I don't think anyone would want to watch the sorts of things that I would make. 

I can have a bit of a strange sense of humour so I am not sure that other people would find me funny!

@Knitting you might just be surprised. So many things are over saturated on the Internet today that quirky, unique, original, content is always in demand. People might just find you hilarious, or at the least, interesting. Different is good.

Good luck if you decide to give youtube a try.

These days it seems like more and more people are trying to earn money by doing work online, and a number of sites are springing up offering people that opportunity. I've found in the past though that while there are a lot of sites out there, some are more reliable than others. Forum posting, cash for surveys, microjobs, blogging and freelance writing as well as YouTube channels are just some of the ways that people can make money but it's not as easy as people first think.

Over the years I've earned money online from various sites but in my experience there's no way that you can earn a living wage, and most of the jobs that you can earn money off aren't worth your time doing. You find that a lot of sites are only paying a couple of dollars per task, and so to make the same as what you would in a regular, off-line day job, your going to have to pretty much work 24 hours a day and even then it's hit and miss if you actually get paid or not.

Working on-line is OK as a supplementary income, but if you dream about giving up your regular day job and working from home getting rich, I'd seriously think again as that simply isn't going to happen. 

I think making money online is not an easy task and it demands your undivided attention and efforts.  

In my view the best way to earn money online is to have an online business of yours; be it a blog site, forum or whatever it is. Then focus on enriching it with creative contents.  As in any other field you have to face stiff completion here too.  You need to stand out from the crowd to earn better.  If you have your own site you don’t have to depend on a middle man and the money earned through the business is 100% yours.

But your earning solely depends on your creativity, efforts and determination. I believe this is true for any other field. Just love what you do and everything else will fall in place. 

Like @Binu, I'm also into Forum Wheel and it's just sad that the list of forums is very short now. But when I joined, there was a variety of forums to choose from and I also earned more than $10 in a month so I'd say it's a pretty good site. I hope the admin of Forum Wheel will strive to get more forums so the writers will  have a greater opportunity for earning decent money. 

On 15/08/2016 at 10:01 AM, brockied said:

Yeah sure :) maybe we should try that and see what happens.

as soon as i have a decent camera im up for it :) do one for each channel or something, or get mikes channel involved too and do it 3 ways haha. x

1 hour ago, micropreemiemum13 said:

as soon as i have a decent camera im up for it :) do one for each channel or something, or get mikes channel involved too and do it 3 ways haha. x

Yeah that will be good :) never done that before is worth a shot.

In my experience, paid forums are the best place to earn online. You will not earn big but you will earn extra cash for posting 3-4 lines comment or reply. If your language is good and you have writing skills you can earn $4-$5 every day from paid forums.

Freelance writing is also a good way to make money online, however, your language skills must be above average to make money. You can earn a good money from freelance writing by joining freelance sites

I do agree with Binu. Lately, I have been in forum writing. It is easy to earn a penny. The task is also easy. You could write a line of two or more and you could earn. Grammar or correct English construction is not of necessity. As long as you could write and express what you have in mind, it's okay.